Monday, June 14, 2010

What Consumes You?

1 Peter 4

Living for God
1Therefore, since Christ suffered in his body, arm yourselves also with the same attitude, because he who has suffered in his body is done with sin. 2As a result, he does not live the rest of his earthly life for evil human desires, but rather for the will of God. 3For you have spent enough time in the past doing what pagans choose to do—living in debauchery, lust, drunkenness, orgies, carousing and detestable idolatry. 4They think it strange that you do not plunge with them into the same flood of dissipation, and they heap abuse on you. 5But they will have to give account to him who is ready to judge the living and the dead. 6For this is the reason the gospel was preached even to those who are now dead, so that they might be judged according to men in regard to the body, but live according to God in regard to the spirit. 7The end of all things is near. Therefore be clear minded and self-controlled so that you can pray. 8Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins......

The first thing that came to my mind as I was reading this passage this morning was, this was who I was before I became a believer. I was doing what the pagans did, living in sin, lusting after girls, doing things that I shouldn't have done. BUT overtime, God revealed himself to me and told me that my sins had been forgiven and that even though I can't take back those previous sins, I'm forgiven. As Jesus told the women who had been caught in adultery in John Chapter 8, Jesus told the women that he does not condemn her and told her to go and sin no more. Now, that doesn't mean she won't slip up and get caught up in sin or trip up. But Jesus told her your sins have been forgiven, repent and live a life worthy of our Lord. If you are reading this blog, ask yourself this question: What consumes you? Seriously. Do you like to shop for the latest name brand clothing? Do you like to watch t.v shows that deliver a hidden message about a certain lifestyle but yet you watch them anyway? This world is not your friend and I hope people will understand that. This world is filthy, nasty, and absolutely disgusting.... What consumes you? I think we get so caught up in this world and being busy and doing so many activities that we don't stop and think, hey, I've gotta creator that longs to have a relationship with me, and I need to put more emphasis on spending time with Him amongst my busy schedule. By the way, I am talking to myself as well, I'm not perfect. I have 9 semester hours of summer school and work, and maintaining friendships with people and trying to reach out to others. BUT, God wants our time too, but the thing is He deserves our time... what a difference God will make in your life if you will let God consume you.... you see things from a totally different perspective... but it is for the better... What consumes you?

Love and Blessings!!

Michael Rom: 12:2

No comments:

Post a Comment